A Common Core Teacher's Toolbox!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!! 2014 already?!

       Every time I blog, I am always in a perpetual state of shock at how quickly time passes!  Happy 2014! Resolutions, resolutions, resolutions! Do you have them? I used to be a New Year's resolutions kind of girl, but the last couple of years I've strayed away from it.  I create goals throughout the whole year I try to work towards. (Same difference maybe). With that said, it is almost impossible to not begin a new year without some goals in mind.  I'm  continuing with some goals I had from last year, as well as working towards some new things. One of which will be bringing a little life to my blog. I'm actually going to do this by letting my students do some blogging for me!I've done this in the past, and my students loved it.  So look forward to some classroom updates from my sweet kiddos in the near future!

Also, if  you are looking for something to do with your kiddos this week to celebrate the new year. I have an awesome freebie for you in my TpT store. It's a New Year's Writing Craftivity! Just print and go and save yourself some time planning for the new year! You can pick up this freebie here.
 You can sort of see the finished product from last year on the cabinets below!  I simply printed the craftivity and let the kids color it themselves. This year I might try to have them use construction paper to create their New Year's craftivity.  I'll post pictures once we finish this week!
I totally geek out when it comes to motivational/inspirational quotes!  So let me share a few great ones I found for the new year!



Here's to a wonderful start 2014!! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment